- Prof. Yong Zhang
- State Key Laboratory of Advanced Metallic Materials, University of Science and Technology Beijing, Beijing, China.
Website | E-mail
Special Issue Introduction
High-entropy materials are a kind of unique materials developed based on the configurational entropy maximization, which include high-entropy metallic alloys, high-entropy ceramics, high-entropy intermetallic compounds, high-entropy semiconductors, and high-entropy polymers. The configurational entropy was defined by the Boltzmann equation, S=kLnW, S is the configurational entropy, k is the Boltzmann constant, and W is the micro-states corresponding to the macro-system studied. High-entropy materials can break the property limits of the traditional materials, break the trade-off between strength and ductility, and potentially increase the reliability of the performance of materials by balancing various properties. The wonderful and unique properties of materials are usually originated from their micro- and nano-level structures, and the structures of materials can be controlled by the compositions and processing. The special issue will focus on the relationship between the microstructure and properties of high-entropy materials. We welcome manuscripts from many disciplines and particularly encourage research that has made significant progress in inducing novel mechanical, physical, chemical, and biomedical properties by nano- and micro-level structures.
The special issue will include (not limited to) the following subjects:
● Materials design, processing, characterization, properties, and performance of High-entropy materials;
● The high-entropy materials can be powders and or particles, wires and fibers, films and coatings, bulk materials;
● Materials developments based on high-throughput technology, machine learning, and materials genome engineering;
● Microstructures characterized by neutrons and synchrotrons;
● Performance and applications of the high-entropy materials.
1. Junwei Qiao, Taiyuan University of Technology, Taiyuan, China.
2. Yong Yang, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China.
3. Si Lan, Nanjing University of Science and Technology, Nanjing, China.
4. Jichao Qiao, Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi'an, China.
5. Gong Li, Yanshan University, Qinhuangdao, China.
Submission Deadline31 Oct 2022